The Virtual CMO Podcast
Season 5, Episode 4
Hosted By: Eric Dickmann
With Guest: Deirdre Tshien
Our Featured Guest
Founder - Growth Boss
Host- The Making it podcast
Deirdre Tshien is an Australian-grown results-driven entrepreneur currently residing in New York City who is living her best life. She is the founder of Growth Boss, a leading mentorship program for e-commerce business owners wanting to scale to multiple- 6 and 7 figures using the power of tribe-building, funnels, and human connection.
She is a serial entrepreneur, having founded and led 5 businesses across 3 industries in the last 7 years, and has navigated the entire spectrum of experiences and emotions (the good, the bad, and the ugly) that come with starting, running, and closing businesses. With Deirdre's hands-on experience in successfully growing her businesses to 7 figures, she now coaches e-commerce business owners on her secret sauce of using buyer psychology to make their offerings irresistibly-contagious to their customers; creating an end-to-end sales funnel that automatically converts these customers; and then nurture them into a raving sales force.
Tshien's evolution into a Business Coach, Consultant, and Mentor was driven by a strong desire to pay it forward and help other e-commerce business owners take intelligent action towards building their million-dollar business.
"MORE INCOME. MORE FREEDOM.
We help overworked and underpaid eCommerce business owners scale to a multiple 6 and 7 figure business using the power of tribe building, sales funnels and human connection."
Growth Boss helps business owners in their quest to create a million-dollar business, build a loyal tribe of advocates, and attract an avalanche of the right customers. With their numerous resources such as the- Growth Boss Academy, Cold to Convert Challenge, and The Making It Podcast, they provide small and medium sized owners with the information and efficiency that they need to scale their businesses, grow their income, and enjoy their free time. As of now, the Growth Boss Facebook Ecosystem has 1.4k active members.
The Growth Boss Podcast - E-Commerce Growth Secrets is hosted by Deirdre Tshien and Bona Rai. On this podcast, they give their audience an insight on how they were able to grow their skincare business from 0 to 6 figures. Deirdre and Bona openly shares with their audience the secrets and strategies to their success.
And as long as you can keep connecting with them, again, coming back to human connection, as long as you can keep showing up for them and adding value to them, then they're going to keep saying Yes. So you at least just need that first Yes, make it really easy for them, and then they'll keep coming back."
What We Discussed with Deirdre
On this episode, host Eric Dickmann interviews Deirdre Tshien about the power of tribe-building, funnels, and human connection for your business. Here are some highlights of our conversation:
- [00:04:29] The Three Fundamentals of a Business' Success - Many businesses might be wondering why they still haven't achieved 6 or 7 figures or own a private island somewhere in the Caribbean. Deirdre shares with us the three fundamentals that every business should look out for: the traffic, the message, and the human connection.
- [00:06:10] Parts of the Funnel - Funnels can be a buzzword and an overwhelming term for many new entrepreneurs. Tshien breaks down the three parts of the funnel, the top, middle, and bottom. The top part is where you drive traffic, the middle part is where you nurture your customers, and the bottom part is when your target market and buys your products or services.
- [00:10:11] How do you develop your messaging? - Deirdre Tshien likes to call it - Content Storytelling by making your customer the hero of the story. Instead of boring them out with a script of why your product or service is the best, strive to build an emotional connection with your customers.
- [00:16:41] The Key Elements of the Conversion Process - Humans often agonize about buying decisions. Businesses should strive to convince potential customers that they need your product or service. Make them feel satisfied and happy in their transaction with you!
- [00:21:27] Upselling and Cross-selling - Businesses need to give customers a specific range of options. When a customer makes a purchase decision, it's actually the best time to upsell and cross-sell with other relevant product offers.
- [00:28:00] Make your customers feel that they are in the right place - Customers can get easily offended such as advertising women's apparel to a male audience. There at times when businesses unintentionally give wrong or inappropriate recommendations because of poor targeting. If you want your customers to stay, know your target market well and feed them with appropriate offers. Don't scare your customers away!