The Virtual CMO Podcast
Season 8, Episode 8
In episode 123, host Eric Dickmann talks with Nancy Fox – Co-Founder and Fractional CMO of Fractional Connections, an association of fractional executives and SMB owners. Over the years, she has trained and coached executive leaders and corporate professionals to enhance their leadership, communication, and business development skills. Nancy is a community and network builder, a keynote speaker, and the author of "Network Like A Fox."
Fractional Connections was founded to bring the fractional community together to learn from one another and share extraordinary opportunities and insights.
Listen on Apple Podcasts or Other Podcast Players
What is a Fractional Executive?
Fractional executives fill a managerial position on a part-time or short-term basis. They are often former corporate executives or consultants with years of experience who have left the corporate world and are now offering their services as a consultant. The real benefit to businesses of hiring a fractional executive is that they get a seasoned professional with years of real-world experience at a fraction of the cost of a full-time hire.
What Are Some Reasons to Consider Hiring a Fractional Executive?
Here are some situations when fractional executives are worth considering:
- Your business has outgrown the current operating model and needs to move to the next level.
- Your business has great managers, but they may be missing the strategic skills of a more seasoned professional with more experience.
- As a CEO or business owner, you want to delegate financial, operational, or marketing duties you have managed to date, but that role will not require a full-time employee.
- A management vacancy needs to be filled while you search for the best long-term fit.
How Do Businesses Find Fractional Executives?
Since the role of fractional executives is relatively new, it can be challenging for businesses to find professionals offering fractional consulting services. The Fractional Connections group on LinkedIn, mentioned by Nancy Fox, is a good place to start. Business owners can network with various fractional executives to find one that might be right the right fit for their business needs. Host Eric Dickmann is also a fractional CMO and is happy to make introductions to other fractional business leaders. These resources are a good place to start whatever executive needs your business might have.
- Fractional Connections Website
- Fractional Connections LinkedIn Group
- Fractional Connections Virtual Networking Event